This page provides answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about the Temple Gate project. If you have any further questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits and funding
Main construction commenced on 26 June 2017 and is due to finish by Autumn 2019.
- A more direct road layout by removing the Temple Circus roundabout and replacing it with a simplified junction;
- High quality pedestrian and cycle routes and a new single stage crossing from Brunel Mile to the station;
- New and relocated bus stops and shelters with improved information and facilities for passengers;
- Bus priority lanes to improve bus journey times and reliability into and around the city;
- Changes to the Bath Bridge junction to improve pedestrian and cycle routes;
- Space freed up for regeneration and renewal.
We have considered allowing a right turn from the south into the station but found the addition of a right-turn lane would cause significant traffic delays. Traffic will be able to access the station from the south using routes from Bedminster Bridge via Redcliffe Way.
The latest developments will be posted on this website, on our Twitter feed @TempleQuarter and in our monthly Temple Quarter newsletter. You can also follow our contractor on Twitter, @Eurovia_Cont. The latest information about road closures and traffic disruption during the build phase can be found on this page.