Work on the Temple Gate scheme started on 26 June 2017 and is due to finish by Autumn 2019. The associated construction work will result in changes to how pedestrians, cyclists and motor vehicles travel through the area.
This page will list the most up-to-date information about any restrictions or changes to the highway, cycle paths and pedestrian routes.
Current and upcoming restrictions and changes to access (most recent updates first)
There are no planned overnight road closures at Temple Gate this week (18-24 Nov).
- The bus gate is now in operation at the Victoria Street junction which means no left-turn for general traffic into Temple Way.
- If you are coming from the south along the Bath Road/Wells Road looking to access Temple Meads station, we advise using a route along York Road via Bedminster Bridge roundabout to Redcliffe Hill and Redcliffe Way.
- From Sunday 15 September, First Bus new timetable will be operational. This includes use of two new stops at Temple Gate on Redcliffe Way eastbound and Victoria Street, northbound. The bus stops currently operational at Temple Gate are shown on the map below and details of services for each stop listed on our recent blog post:
More information is available on First Bus website.
The latest details of road closures and restrictions will be updated on the @TempleQuarter Twitter account.
Ongoing restrictions and changes to access:
- Pedestrian diversions around the works site, with some crossing facilities relocated. These are signposted on site.
- Lane closures and/or reduced lane widths continue on Temple Way, Bath Road, Bath Bridges, Victoria Street, Redcliffe Way and Temple Gate.
- No vehicular access to the land between the Grosvenor Hotel and George & Railway buildings.
- Closure of all cycle lanes through the area due to the reduced road space available during the works.
- Redcliffe Mead Lane construction ongoing and closed to vehicle access (at junction with Redcliffe Way).
- Temple Street has reopened to permit holder vehicles accessing 100 Temple Street car park. The previous access to the 100 Temple Street car park via Canynge Street has been permanently closed. Pedestrian and step-free access to the building will be maintained as usual.
- The traffic is running as per the final road layout however lane closures remain in place and therefore capacity is reduced compared to the final scheme arrangement.
Due to the reduced road space available during the works, all cycle lanes through the area have been closed. In order to ensure cyclist safety, signs have been erected warning drivers not to overtake cyclists through the works.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.