We ran a public consultation on plans for the Temple Gate scheme from 12th January 2015 to 18th February 2015. There were 998 responses to the survey, as well as a number of written representations.
In general, most consultees were supportive of the proposed changes to the highway layout and the surrounding public realm. However, the scheme was refined as a result of the consultation, including:
- Its extension to include improvements at the Bath Bridge Roundabout;
- Addition of the reconfiguration of the Friary and Victoria Street junctions for the benefit of cyclists and pedestrians;
- Implementation of segregated cycle routes wherever feasible;
- Changes to the junction at Victoria St, allowing the MetroBus stop to be closer to the station;
- Relocating bus stops on Temple Gate to allow more space for pedestrians and cyclists;
- A new northbound bus lane from the junction with Redcliffe Street to Victoria Street.
You can read more about the consultation, including detailed feedback, on Bristol City Council’s Consultation Hub.