Temple Quarter is not just about buildings: it is also about the people that live and work in the area and those who visit and travel through it. This community will expand with the the project, as the number of opportunities and entertainment and leisure facilities grow.
Many jobs have already been created in the area and more are forecast, both in constructing and developing the area and in the businesses relocating to it. Many of these will be exciting opportunities in the industries of the future, including the high tech, low carbon and creative sectors, which are already booming in Bristol, and in some of the many start-up businesses that are finding a home in the zone.
The council and its partners have set up various projects to help Bristol’s residents to prepare for these opportunities:
- We’re working with developers to agree Employment & Training Plans for new developments in the area;
- Schools, colleges and universities in the area are signing up to the Employability Chartermark developed by the Local Enterprise Partnership to ensure that their pupils or students are work-ready;
- Over 300 local children have already benefitted from talks, tours or other involvement in the project;
- New walkways are being created to make it easier to get around the area.
We are always happy to discuss potential engagement projects, be they requests for school presentations or more long-term initiatives. You can contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss these opportunities.
- Resources: a selection of resources relating to community opportunities in the zone