The Temple Gate project aims to create a first class welcome to Bristol for people arriving around Temple Meads, and to improve the journeys of the millions of people who travel through the area every year. As one of the key arrival points to the city, Temple Gate needs to be a place where people can move conveniently between different modes of travel.
Aims of the scheme:
- A more direct road layout and changes to access;
- More space for people: high quality pedestrian and cycle routes;
- Better public transport facilities and information;
- Space for new buildings and public space.
A plan illustrating all aspects of the Temple Gate project can be downloaded (PDF 824KB), and you can view an aerial image illustrating the new road layout.
Works were completed in December 2019. There will be some minor works to correct any defects. All up to date travel information and roadwork updates are on Travelwest.
Find out more about the Temple Gate project:
- The scheme: more information about the various works that will be part of the scheme
- FAQs: answers to frequently asked questions about the Temple Gate project