The Temple Gate project aims to create a first class welcome to Bristol for people arriving around Temple Meads, and to improve the journeys of the millions of people who travel through the area every year. As one of the key arrival points to the city, Temple Gate needs to be a place where people can move conveniently between different modes of travel.
Aims of the scheme:
- A more direct road layout and changes to access;
- More space for people: high quality pedestrian and cycle routes;
- Better public transport facilities and information;
- Space for new buildings and public space.
A plan illustrating all aspects of the Temple Gate project can be downloaded (PDF 824KB).
These works are scheduled to take place between mid 2017 and Spring 2018. Any changes to this schedule will be reflected on this webpage. Up to date travel and road disruption information can also be found on Travelwest.
Find out more about the Temple Gate project:
- The scheme: more information about the various works that will be part of the scheme
- FAQs: answers to frequently asked questions about the Temple Gate project
- Consultation: information about past consultation on the scheme