Entrepreneurial Spark is the world’s largest free business accelerator for early stage and growing ventures and is powered by NatWest. The overall programme is going from strength to strength and there are now centres, referred to as ‘Hatcheries’, in Edinburgh, Ayrshire, Glasgow, Birmingham, Bristol, Brighton and Leeds.
Each Hatchery has the capacity support up to 80 businesses every six months, with the option of follow-on growth space in ‘The Nest’ for a year after that. So, what do businesses at Entrepreneurial Spark get?
- Free office space in a collaborative open plan office environment (including IT and Wi-Fi) for between 6 and 18 months;
- Networking and pitching events, supported by workshops;
- Access to business enablement and support from a pool of mentors;
- Financial advice from KPMG;
- Award events at the midpoint and at the end of the 6 month Hatchery programme.
As the first intake of businesses move on from the programme or into The Nest, we talked to four of them working within the Enterprise Zone’s key sectors.
Creative and Digital: Saf Nazeer, helpfulpeeps